Elbow Pain Relief from our Chiropractor in Omaha
There's nothing funny about pain in your funny bone. Our elbow pain chiropractor in Omaha is happy to help you find relief from your symptoms so you can get back to work and play.
Common Causes & Symptoms of Elbow Pain & Dysfunction
Elbows are often injured as a result of acute trauma or chronic repetitive stress, as can happen during athletics, slip and fall events, car accidents, and work incidents. A few common diagnoses we see in Omaha include:
- Elbow dislocations and fractures: joint misalignments and bone fractures (of the humerus, ulna, or radius) often occur due to direct trauma, such as falling on the elbow or impact during a car accident
- Elbow bursitis: fluid filled sacs called bursa are located throughout your body between tendons and bones to reduce friction; if abnormal pressure affects these bursa, they can become inflamed and irritated
- Cubital tunnel syndrome: this condition is caused by compression of the ulnar nerve at your elbow; additional symptoms may include numbness and tingling in the hand
- Medial or lateral epicondylitis: known as golfer's elbow or tennis elbow respectively, these conditions can be caused by repetitive motion or overuse; muscle strains and ligamet sprains are also a common consequence
- Osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, and gout: inflammatory joint conditions or degenerative wear and tear can make the elbow painful and difficult to move
The above conditions can present with a variety of symptoms, including pain, numbness, swelling, redness, stiffness, and difficulty with grasping, lifting, or turning objects.
Elbow Pain Treatment from Omaha Chiropractor
When you come to Corey Chiropractic & Acupuncture, you'll meet with our Omaha chiropractor who will take you through a thorough physical examination, special tests, and personal/medical history. Based on his diagnosis, he can tailor a unique treatment plan to relieve your swelling, pain, and stiffness and prevent recurring problems by addressing the underlying causes of your dysfunction.
Beneficial services may include:
- Acupuncture: insertion of acupuncture needles in certain trigger points near the elbow can trigger the release of natural painkillers in the body, stimulate localized circulation, and relieve connective tissue tension
- Chiropractic adjustments and joint mobilizations: adjustments improve the function of your nervous system, restore the alignment of your elbow joint, and relieve pain
- Lifestyle counseling: we'll teach you how to improve your ergonomics, posture, and work/sports habits to reduce repetitive strain on your elbow area
Is Your Elbow Bothering You? Contact Our Omaha Chiropractor Today for Drug-Free Healing
If you live near Omaha, Elkhorn, Millard, or another NE community, schedule your first appointment with our Omaha chiropractor by contacting Corey Chiropractic & Acupuncture at (402) 334-1114.