Auto Accident Injuries
According to the Association for Safe International Travel, around 20-50 million people become injured in a car accident every year around the globe.1 If you're one of those millions of people, know that our team here at Corey Chiropractic & Acupuncture is here to help.
Common Types of Auto Accident Injuries Seen by Our Auto Accident Chiropractor Team
Auto accident injuries can range from everything to a minor ache to major trauma. Some of the most common auto accident conditions evaluated and treated by our auto accident chiropractor staff include:
• Concussion: a type of injury that occurs when the brain ricochets inside the skull; symptoms include headaches and mental fogginess
• Whiplash: strain and tension in the muscles of the neck and shoulders caused by a forward and backward movement of the head
• Shoulder pain: many muscles, nerves, and blood vessels run through the shoulder area, and restrained drivers or passengers often experience damage to the shoulder area from the seat belt.
• Back pain: people often experience upper, middle, or lower back pain due to muscle strain, spinal ligament sprain, or joint misalignments
• Disc herniation or bulge: disc injuries may cause back pain, however, if they encroach on nearby spinal nerves additional symptoms can occur including leg pain, weakness, and/or numbness
It's important to realize that even small fender benders happening at speeds of 10 miles per hour can result in an injury that may last for weeks or even months. Moreover, symptoms of an injury don't always present right away following an accident. Because of a surge of pain-masking hormones (like cortisol and adrenaline) that can occur during a time of trauma, a person may not realize he or she is even injured until days, weeks, or months later.
This reason is why we strongly encourage anyone involved in a car accident to consult with a car accident chiropractor as soon as possible. You never know
Benefits of Chiropractic Care Following an Auto Accident
Chiropractic care is completely drug-free and non-invasive. It also can facilitate tissue healing and reduce inflammation even before pain, stiffness, and other symptoms develop.
At our facility in Omaha, some of the most common services we employ which have helped people recovering from auto accidents include:
• Spinal adjustments, which can realign spinal joints and relieve pressure on discs and nerves
• Acupuncture, to trigger tissue healing and pain relief
• Massage therapy, to maximize circulation and lymphatic flow
Our Omaha Car Accident Chiropractor Is Here to Help. Call us Today!
Have you been in a car accident? Contact our Omaha car accident chiropractor team today. We'll sit down with you to devise a customized treatment plan to get you back in the driver's seat of your life, without having to rely on drugs or invasive procedures. When you call, be sure to ask about our current specials, including a FREE consultation for new clients. We're serving the communities of Elkhorn, Millard, Gretna, and surrounding areas. Call today!